Wednesday 6 January 2010

A Calendar for the new year!!

And...it's back to painting again :) our first aquarellista gathering will (maybe) take place next Tuesday, but that doesn't mean we're resting... I know for a fact that at least 4 of us are working really hard at the moment! Sandra, Marina TvB, Cathie and myself are painting against the clock, doing the best we can in representative portraits in aquarelle of naked women. They will be published next month, in a "Nudie Art Calendar" that will be sold for charity - Pink Ribbon. I have no pictures of the others yet, but I can show you some parts of what I did. Not the whole thing obviously - to see that -  you'll have to purchase a calendar for 25€ and support Pink Ribbon!

My model has gone through a lot, operations, chemotherapy, radiation, loosing her hair - but she has recovered - and how! She is one of the bravest women I know and I wanted to make a happy picture.
First of course the studies, sketching to get to know the person, the light, discover the best pose..

then carefully finding out the colours...


and then I (thought I) had it...


With this as a result

But then I tried some other perspectives... and this is what it ended up like for the calendar:


Happiness and freedom in sketch


And in aquarelle...

For the full images I refer you to the calendar - it will be presented somewhere in March (I'll keep you posted). In coming posts I'll show other calendar-paintings from the aquarellista's (of course only partly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

your remarks and observations to a post are most welcome! Please start typing here :)