Thursday 28 April 2011

Aquarelle & humor

You can expect a couple of solemn posts here in the near future! I am contemplating stuff: why am I an artist, what is art, why is aquarelle my medium of choice… Serious business!
Parrot - copyright Jan WC

But I want to keep the Aquarellista blog entertaining at the same time – so here's a fun story

Famous WaterColourist Jan WC wanted to paint a parrot and happened to run into a guy who had one for sale, for a reasonable price. Jan figured that it would be nice to have the bird as company in his atelier and bought him. The parrot was fully grown and turned out to have a bad attitude - and worse vocabulary. Every word he spoke was rude. Jan tried hard to change the bird's attitude and tried to teach him polite words, playing soft music, anything he could think of to try and set a good example.


Nothing worked.

He yelled at the bird and the bird yelled back. He tried everything he could think of, but the bird just got more angry and more rude. When a rich and refined client was visiting to check out a portrait, Jan, in a moment of desperation, put the parrot in the fridge.

For a few moments he heard the bird squawk and kick and scream - then suddenly, there was quiet. Not a sound. As soon as his client had left, Jan quickly opened the fridge's door, worried that the bird was somehow hurt...

The parrot was fine! He calmly stepped out onto Jan's extended arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I will endeavour at once to correct my behavior. I really am truly sorry and beg your forgiveness."

Jan was astonished at the bird's change and was about to ask what had made such a dramatic change when the parrot continued, clearing his throat:  "May I ask what the chicken did?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

your remarks and observations to a post are most welcome! Please start typing here :)