On 18 June 2011 I started to test the properties of Arches Torchon Watercolour paper and Winsor & Newton paint (Payne's grey, Sap Green, Sepia, Crimson, Ultramarine, Lemon Yellow, Winsor Blue, Winsor Red and Winsor Orange). I painted a couple of strokes in these colours, cut the paper in three pieces, put one in a binder, varnished one and did nothing to the third. Then I stuck the varnished and untreated parts to a window on the South, where the sun is practically always shining (I'm in the South of France).
A year ago I posted the first results (Click here to re-read) with pictures of the window in question and it looked as if nothing happened.
Another year passed - and below are the 3 parts once more. It seems that the Crimson has faded a little bit! But that might also be the picture, the outside is slightly bent... I have put them back - and we will have another check next year! Then we'll know for sure ☺
To make the project even better, I will in the near future also create a similar triplet on cheap watercolour paper with cheap paint! So Watch This Space!