Sunday 27 March 2011

Guan Weixing

I know, I know, I promised to write a reaction on the article by Waldemar Januszczak in the Sunday Times  that said that watercolours couldn't be groovy - and I will, but one way or another the words won't come... In the meantime I'd like to introduce this Chinese MASTER aquarellista: Guan Weixing

Guan Weixing
And especially recommend his portraits, because they are so unbelievably, breathtakingly  good...
Backlighting - Guan Weixing
He is that good since 1962, so there's definitely consistency there...
Widower - Guan Weixing
Weixing is regarded as one of the most authoritative and influential watercolourists. He has a blog but unfortunately that is in Chinese... I have placed a link to his website (in English) in the Aquarellista blog's link-list and I recommend you to go there -and enjoy big time!!

1 comment:

your remarks and observations to a post are most welcome! Please start typing here :)